You will only be as free
As the man will let you be
Because if we speak our minds
Then there will be new finds
We will seek more information
Because we demand confirmation
Don’t want to be fed lies
It’s the kind of thing we despise
We want to know the truth
Based off of real proof
And they, both democrat and repub
Want to be that central hub
And control all that we know
But they’ll never stop this flow
They will forever try
Though they always deny
Such a sinister scandal
Makin me into a vandal
They show us an enemy
Then break the economy
And the man that we fight
Is just the one put in our sight
We have blinders on our eyes
So we don’t see the real crimes
But the battle still ain’t won
And just like the rising sun
I shed light on a situation
And I will face all the condemnation
When I report all that I see
They take my life away from me
But still I spit it loud
I hold my head up proud
I’m not the one distorting facts
Not the one putting on an act
I see how the news headlines
Reassure us that it’s all fine
But they’re told what to say
Or else they go away
Never to be heard or seen again
Black labeled for their sin
Is this what it means to be free?
Told what to say and what to read
Because it casts in a bad light
The people who just might
Be lying to you and me
But this is democracy
And this is what it means
Nothing is as it seems
We’re constantly being deceived
Because the people who could make a difference no longer believe
No comments:
Post a Comment