Today, a poem. Not because I don't have anything to write (because I'm gonna write it up now) but I'm just in that kind of mood today. Woke up about 3 times last night. The wheels just won't stop turning. My friend's mom calls it "stinkin thinkin", which is kind of self-explanatory. Truer words, though, haven't been spoken. It is exactly that. Just bad mojo clouding my world. Anyway, here ya go, right off the cuff
My room is so black and bare
Off into space I stare and stare
All my thoughts go here and there
Sometimes it's more than I can bear
As my mind blindly wheels away
My thoughts, so heavily they weigh
Can't keep the dark images at bay
Don't want to witness their display
I shut my eyes, they're already closed
And still to the images they're exposed
One after another and juxtaposed
Of memories, they are composed
So finally, and with great force
From these thoughts I do divorce
The waking world is my course
So I can lay awake, with my remorse...
No comments:
Post a Comment